Tuesday, July 5, 2011

C25K: Week 7

Well, hello July!

I know I'm a little behind on my posting. Ryan had surgery a week ago and then my parent's came into town later in the week so I've been super busy taking care of my "patient" and spending time with Nana and Papa. I finally found a minute to start trying to catch up. So, let's talk about week seven of the Couch to 5K.

I had finally gotten back on my running schedule and started out week seven last Sunday morning...a 25 minute run...no walking intervals! I did it and it wasn't as hard as I imagined it would be. The feeling of accomplishment was amazing! I have come so far. I have gone from someone who hated running and figured I'd never be a runner to someone who actually enjoys it and I don't feel like I'm going to die while doing it! Now, that is a good feeling! :)

Since I was back on schedule, I should have run my second day of week seven on Tuesday but my husband was scheduled for surgery. We had been told that we may not need to be at the hospital until 9 a.m. so I thought I'd be able to get my run in as usual but in the end we had to be there by 7 a.m. and I wasn't able to. Ryan had a hard time getting around after surgery so I couldn't leave him to go run that evening so that meant no run for me. Things didn't work out for me to run on Wednesday either. :(

By Thursday, I'd had enough of not exercising or running. I got up early like I normally do and got my run in. I felt so much better on Thursday. My parents came in to town on Thursday evening. I wanted to get back to my running schedule...AGAIN, so my mom and I decided to get up early the next morning and get in my last run for week seven.

I was a little worried about running two days in a row but we got up at 5:30 on Friday morning. I told you my mom can get me up early! Ha! It was interesting running with someone else. My mom has been running off and on for a while. I kept up with her pretty good but she has a faster pace and can run longer than I can right now so I let her go on ahead so I wouldn't get too winded or injure myself. :) Completing week seven felt amazing! Sometimes, I still can't believe that I'm actually doing this and have kept it up for so long. But then I look at how much I've changed in the last seven months and even in the last seven weeks and I can tell you this...I'm not going back!

Today, I'm more educated about nutrition and exercise. Do I have it all figured out? Absolutely not. I'm more conscious of what I put in my mouth. I won't lie. Sometimes, it's frustrating. The more I learn, the more accountable I become and the more responsibility I take on for my own health and the health of my family. A couple of weeks ago, I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown on the cereal isle. I had been eating a certain cereal for a few weeks but then I learned that I probably had too much sugar in my diet and how much I realistically should have. My cereal had way too much so I was trying to find some that would taste good but wouldn't have so much sugar. I'll admit I was aggravated and discouraged but I knew that in the end, making a hard choice was the best choice and would be better for me and the pay off would be great! I still haven't found the perfect cereal for me but I make a better choice every time. It's all about learning and growing...not gaining! LOL!

Be on the lookout for more new posts coming soon.

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment