Monday, March 8, 2010

Wherever He Leads, We Will Go

WE'RE MOVING!!!

It feels good to finally be able to share with everyone. Here is our story:

Over the past several years, Ryan has been praying about and wanting to go to seminary to get his Master's degree. Each time the doors have been shut but he knew that God wanted him to go back to school. It is my sincere belief that the doors had not been open before for several reasons with the main two being that Ryan would have attended the wrong school for the wrong degree and we would have been miserable.

In the past few months God began working things out as only He could. Ryan currently works at the Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island as a bellman. With this job we have great insurance and one our our concerns about going to seminary was being able to keep this insurance. Those of you with kids definitely know why. So he began to look at places that had a Ritz Carlton near a seminary. There is a Ritz in New Orleans and of course, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary is there. Let me tell you that this was the last seminary that Ryan wanted to attend but he began to research job opportunities there. When he checked the job opportunities at the Ritz in New Orleans there was a job opening for a bellman. God? Is this a sign? A bellman opening is a very rare situation so he immediately sent over his application and request for transfer and we really begin to pray trying to discern if this is where God wanted us. A month or so went by and we heard nothing.

Without going into detail, some other things began to transpire, and we were curious about what the Lord was up to. I had gone to visit my parents in Graceville and go to my nieces first birthday party. Ryan was unable to come get me the following weekend because of his work schedule and I had to stay in Graceville and additional two weeks. One afternoon Ryan called me and when I answered he sounded groggy. He works the overnight shift and I knew it was too early for him to be up. He told me that he had received a phone call from the Ritz in New Orleans and they wanted to know if he was still interested in the job. They told him they would call back and set up a time for a phone interview. Again, on another day, he called me groggy saying they had called him back and set up his interview for the day of Marlee's birthday party. I prayed hard for him all day that day and he called during the party to tell me that the interview went great but they had to interview one other person before making a decision. Not once did I ever worry that he wouldn't get the position. I was at peace and it felt right. A few more days later he called and said that he had gotten the job.

The awesome part about this is that we had already scheduled a trip to New Orleans the following week. Ryan was coming to Graceville to ride with my dad and some other guys to a church conference and once they returned we were going to visit some friends and check out the seminary. Ryan was informed that he would have to start his job the end of March. Wow, it was almost the end of February at this point. It all happened in a whirwind fashion. So, one of our main priorities while we were gone was to find a place to live. This is where I began to get nervous. Would we be able to find a place we could afford? In a good neighborhood? Our friends live in Slidell, Lousiana about 30 minutes from New Orleans.The husband commutes to New Orleans everyday for his job so we decided to look around Slidell to see if there was anything there. And guess what! God provided! He is faithful. Oh and after visiting the seminary, we both were at peace, and knew we were headed in the right direction.

Now I must tell you that upon seeing the house I was not overly excited. The opposite actually! The house was in a great location, plenty of room but the interior was very 1970's and old lady. But talking with the landlords made me feel at ease and I was reminded of the apostle Paul. He was content in any and every situation. God had provided us a place to live, the landlords had come down on rent, and here I was unhappy about His provision for me. So I'm taking lessons from Paul. I am truly thankful that the Lord provided for us, each and every step of the way. We will make the house our home.

Ryan has to be at work on March 30. He read his letter of resignation at church yesterday. It was a bittersweet moment. We are sad to be leaving behind some great people but are excited about the journey that we are on with the Lord. Wherever He leads us, we will go. So, starts the task of organizing, packing, and all the other stuff that comes a long with moving. It feels overwhelming at times, thinking about it all but like the old saying goes, "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it." We are clinging to Proverbs 3:5-6 during this time in our lives. We appreciate your prayers and if you live in our area, feel free to stop by and pack some boxes! :)

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you and your family! I can understand the bittersweet moments of saying "goodbye"... but there will be many more to come as you follow His lead. I will do my best to keep your grandmother connected to you via facebook! :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete