Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Weather Outside

The weather outside is...PERFECT! I must say that I am a summer girl at heart. I LOVE the beach, summer clothes, flip-flops, backyard barbeque's, etc. But my second favorite season is fall. The nostalgia that fall brings is wonderful. I love the cool crisp air, caramel macchiatos and pumpkin spice latte's from Starbucks, scarves, and the knowledge that the holiday's are right around the corner. This time of year brings out my inner child. I get giddy with excitement.

Living in the south means we don't get to experience the changing of the leaves but I love the change of color in other aspects of life that signify fall is here. I love going into the stores and seeing the browns, oranges, greens, plums, and so forth. It will probably be a while before we have constant cooler temperatures but my heart is warmed by this sneak peek into fall.

We have taken advantage of the cooler weather and hit the park a couple of times this week. Abigail still doesn't like the swings. But she loves to slide! On Wednesday Ryan was able to go with us. We took our lunch and spent some time playing with Abigail and then had a picnic. We had a great family day!

What is your favorite thing about fall? Leave me a comment and let me know. Have a great fall y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment