Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happenings

First, let me say that I won third place at the chili cookoff! Woohoo! I ended up making my basic chili instead of tinkering with it and it paid off...literally! Third place was a $15 gift certificate to Wal-Mart. The money will probably go into Abigail's birthday or my Christmas fund! But the sweetest prize was beating Ryan! We are so competetive!

I took Abigail to her first parade on Saturday. It was the Veteran's Day parade downtown! The parade was nice. I am so thankful for all men and women who have fought to keep our country safe and free! Abigail did not have the best time though. She doesn't really like loud noises. The horns on the cars and of course the fire engines freaked her out. The worst was the pirates ship and the cannons! I sure hope she grows out of this skiddish stage soon!

I still can't believe that her second birthday is in two weeks! Time went by too fast! I've been trying to teach her about her birthday and tell her people who are coming to her party. She now goes around saying things like, "Birthday! Nana coming, Papa coming!" It's so cute! She'll be having a Dora and Friends birthday party. I'll be sure to post pics.

Be on the lookout for my "Not Me Monday" post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment