Monday, November 22, 2010

A Not So Fancy Few Days

On Saturday, November 20, Abigail had a Fancy Nancy birthday party. But before I tell you all about her party, I need to back up to a few days leading up to her party.

On Monday, Abigail woke up from her nap running a fever or 102.2. I gave her some tylenol and made her rest. I couldn't believe she was going to get sick right before her birthday. But by later that evening the fever was gone and she never had another symptom until Friday.

On Friday morning she woke up running a low grade fever. I had so much to do on Friday which included making 36 cupcakes, babysitting for a friend, and to finish cleaning my house before my parents, my brother, and his family got there later that night. She acted fine all during the day until after naptime. She woke up running a high fever again, this time accompanied with vomiting. This went on most of the afternoon and her fever continued to rise. My brother and his family decided not to come since Marlee had been sick the two weeks prior. We were disappointed but we understood why they couldn't come. I finally had to put her in a lukewarm bath and give her a popcicle before her fever would come down.

By Saturday she seemed fine. We went ahead and had her party. Later that night her fever shot up again and we couldn't get it down all night. She also developed a stuffy nose. We were supposed to leave Pearl River at 9 AM on Sunday morning to travel to Graceville with my parents so that we could ride with them to Georgia on Monday to celebrate Thanksgiving with our family. But mom and I had to take Abigail to the Urgent Care and it didn't open til 9. They tested her for strep and the flu. Thankfully both came back negative. The doctor there was super nice and thorough. Having a good doctor is always a plus. She ended up having pharyngitis with flu like symptoms. We then had to go to Walgreens to pick up some pictures we had ordered and to get all of her medicines. The doctor cleared her to travel so my dad left around 10 and mom, Abigail, and I weren't able to leave until about 11:30.

Thankfully her fever stayed down all day on Sunday. We were able to spend time with Uncle Justin, Aunt Hannah, and Marlee on Sunday night. We brought some cupcakes and party stuff for them to celebrate together since Marlee wasn't able to come and Sunday was actually Abigail's birthday. Neither of the girls wanted cupcakes but they had fun playing together.

Abigail got sick a couple of times last night but we think it's because the congestion is finally breaking loose in her chest. We are headed to Georgia this afternoon when mom gets off of work. And tomorrow she is having a second birthday party. Yes, I said SECOND! :) She is one spoiled little girl. When we lived in Fernandina, most of my family from Georgia would travel over for her birthday party since it was only a two hour drive. Since it's 9 1/2 hours from Georgia to where we live in Louisiana, they couldn't come this year. So, we are having a family party Tuesday night at Aunt Jamie and Uncle Rudy's house. I promise to post about the Fancy Nancy party soon but I have to get ready and get packed up for our trip today.

No comments:

Post a Comment