Monday, November 7, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes

Today, I find myself on the brink of meeting my first weight loss goal. As I was thinking back over my almost year long journey, I thought about what I looked like around this time last year. Right before Thanksgiving, I bought a pair of jeans. They were the biggest pair of jeans I have ever bought...a size 18. At Thanksgiving time, they fit OK but by Christmas they were beginning to be too tight. So even between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I gained weight. Today, I decided to put those pair of jeans on to measure how far I've come. Now, it's hard to imagine having been that big. I've worked so hard to get where I am and I still have a long road ahead of me to get where I want to be. For someone who has always loved being in front of the camera, I became camera shy last year. There aren't a whole lot of pictures of me that really show how big I was and even though they are hard to look at, I am thankful for the few that there are because they show my journey in a way that only pictures can show. So, here is a picture of me from last year...a couple of days after Thanksgiving. It's only a face shot.


And here is a picture taken just a couple of weeks ago...


Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment