Thursday, February 2, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Days 8-10

Well friends, today I completed level one of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred!!!

Man is she tough! Day one was brutal. I thought I might faint, puke, die, or all three! Today, on day 10, my heart rate was up and I was drenched in sweat when I was done but I felt great!

I'm a little nervous about starting level two tomorrow. I know it's going to be much harder but I know my body is ready for it. I'm really hoping to see some great results at the end of these 30 days.

This weekend will prove to be challenging to my lifestyle and routine. We have more family coming into town for my niece's birthday party on Saturday. This means more people in my parent's small apartment which means less time to get in a workout, especially if you don't want an audience while you do it! Trust me. It ain't pretty! :) This also means dealing with a weakness for me...birthday cake! I LOVE birthday cake! The key is moderation. I will be having a cupcake on Saturday! I'll only have one and I'll be sure that I eat well the rest of the time.

I hope you've been being active this week. It can be hard to stay committed when your out of town. The old me would have left my workout clothes at home and made excuses not to do any sort of exercise. The old me would eat whatever my heart desired whether it was good for me or not because, well, "I'm on vacation!" The new me, nearly had to bring an extra bag just for my workout gear! That's cool! I love the new me!

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Jessica! You are so inspiring. I've never tried the Jillian 30-day shred but it sounds rough! Way to go girl! Hopefully you had a successful weekend and week following!

    ReplyDelete