Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Just Some Thoughts...

Wow! I can't believe that January is almost over! I haven't blogged nearly as much as I planned but it's a good start. In my last post, I told you all about the "monster" in Abigail's room. The problem has not been completely resolved but it's getting better. The only way to get her to stay in her room at night was to put a lamp in there so that the whole room was pretty much illuminated. Some nights are harder than others to get her to stay in bed and go to sleep but the lamp has been the best solution so far. I've talked to her a number of times about talking to Jesus when she's scared or afraid. Even though we pray together every night before she goes to bed, I'm not sure she understands that concept. I have also told her that we don't allow "monsters" in our house. She will still often wake in the middle of the night and come crying that there is "something in her room," but I think it has more to do with making excuses for wanting to sleep with me. If any of you moms out there have any other solutions, please feel free to leave a comment.

Every day I am amazed at how much she has changed. She is such a little lady now. She talks non-stop and has a pretty big vocabulary. She loves to laugh and has a pretty big one like her mama. :) She still loves to dance and sing. She knows all the words to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and most of the words to other songs like, "Jesus Loves Me," "Deep and Wide," "I'm A Little Teapot," "London Bridge is Falling Down," "Jingle Bells," and "Happy Birthday." She can count to eight in english and ten in spanish. She can sing majority of her ABC's. She loves to point out things and say what they are. The most recent being the names of all the characters on the tv shows that she watches. I am so amazed at how smart she is. She soaks everything up! I think I have a little genius on my hands! Mama is so proud!

We are getting read to head to Graceville on Friday to visit Nana, Papa, Uncle Justin, Aunt Hannah, and Marlee. Abigail and I are so excited. It was about this time last year that I started blogging. Abigial and I were in Graceville for three weeks waiting on the arrival of our niece and cousin Marlee Brooke. I can't believe she's about to turn one! Time flew by so fast. I hate that we live so far apart. I got to see her a bunch this year but it doesn't change the fact that I missed so much. Abigail has been going around saying, "Marlee's birthday is in two weeks." Ever since her birthday she has become obssessed. She is so ready to sing Happy Birthday and give Marlee her birthday present and so am I! I just loved what we picked out and I think Marlee will too. We love you Marlee.

Well this week will be busy with cleaning, laundry, and packing. Abigail has been running a fever since Sunday. It got up to 103 yesterday so I took her to the doctor. She only has a virus and hopefully will be better by tomorrow. I am praying that Ryan and I don't get it. Here are a few pictures of Abigail over the last few weeks. Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment