Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Need My Routine Back!!!

I figured that I've taken a long enough break from blogging. I'm sure you've been wondering what's going on with me over the last couple of weeks.

Not much really. My brother and his family stayed with us last week and we had a blast together. While I didn't go crazy, I'm sure I consumed more calories last week than I normally do. I did manage to get in two runs with my brother last week. I'm not going to lie though, my exercise has been lacking since my last run LAST Tuesday.  We intended on running again on Thursday but we ended up eating later than normal so we didn't have time for our stomachs to settle before a run and then it seemed like something came up the rest of the time. I wasn't too disappointed about it but since they left on Sunday, I just can't seem to get myself into gear.

Let me be clear: I have NOT fallen off the wagon but I'm pretty sure the wagon hit a bump and tossed me around a bit. I don't know why. My desires and goals haven't changed but I just can't seem to get it together lately. I think it has something to do with not being on my normal routine for the last couple of weeks. And now, we are headed out of town tomorrow for the next several days to visit Ryan's family and our nephew that was born in June that we still haven't gotten to meet! I am so excited about our trip but to be honest, I'm ready to get back to my normal daily routine and life. I seem to be more focused and dedicated when my plans aren't up in the air all the time. While I have done much better than I would have done in the past I still have room for improvement in that area!

On top of all of this, I lost my job last week. It wasn't some dramatic thing but the parent's of the baby I sat for decided to put him in a "learning center." So now I am currently looking for a part-time job or something that allows me to continue to stay home with Abigail or at least work the hours that Ryan is home in the mornings before he goes to work. Say a little prayer for me about the job situation if you think about it.

One good thing about not having a job though is that I can go to the gym during the day and even take some of the morning classes. The beginner spin class is on Friday mornings so I am hoping to start that as soon as I get back from our trip. Plus, I really want to start structuring the day for Abigail and myself so that we can get the most out of each day. I have a tendency to be lazy if I don't have something planned and I think this will be an even greater asset to my healthy living and weight loss goals.

I know I've missed my Recipe Wednesday posts lately too. I'll try and get one in tomorrow in between the packing and Ryan having a wisdom tooth pulled. If not, I'll be sure to get several in next week.

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment