Monday, April 1, 2013

Whole30: Day 2

Day 2 is done!

Today was a good day. I love the encouragement that I'm receiving from you all. I spent majority of the day getting the house clean and going up and down the stairs for what seemed like a million times. That counts as a workout, right?

I went to the "bathroom" more than normal today but that's a good sign that my body is cleaning itself of the junk I had been poisoning it with.

For breakfast, I scrambled eggs in coconut oil and served it with half an avocado seasoned with salt, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and cilantro and a few slices of tomatoes seasoned the same. I ended up cutting up the tomato and avocado into chunks and mixing everything together. It was very good and filling.

  
 
I was sort of worried about lunch today. Don't get me wrong, I love a good salad but I can get tired of them quickly. One of the biggest problems people face when learning to eat healthy is learning what to eat. Some people get stuck in a rut because they only know a few things to eat and eat them over and over again. With the removal of dairy, grains, beans, carbs, and sugar from my diet, I have to rethink the way I eat. Especially at the beginning of relearning how to eat, it can be tricky and I can fall into that slump of eating the same things over and over again. I knew that I wanted to eat something else besides a salad for lunch today but I didn't know what. So, I got into the kitchen and looked around at what I had on hand and this amazing dish came together! I started out by sauteing some yellow bell pepper's in coconut oil. Then I added in mushrooms, tomatoes, pineapple, shredded chicken, and cashews. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and fresh cilantro. Since my daughter was eating it too and doesn't like wilted spinach, I did that in another pan and served my chicken dish over the top of the spinach. 2 thumbs up even from the five year old.


I got a little hungry between lunch and supper so I had half an apple with almond butter! I seriously love that combo!

For supper we had leftovers. This time I topped my bowl of chicken and tomato soup with the other half of the avocado, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. It was still as good tonight, if not better, as last night!


I'm thinking of making a hash in the morning with leftovers from lunch today and fried eggs for meal one. We'll see. I already need to run to the grocery store again as I wasn't quite sure how much of what I needed before I got started and sort of guessed.

So far so good.

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment