Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm Packing Up, Getting Ready to Go...But Where?

Packing...what can I say about packing? I wish I could say I was packing for a trip to some exotic location for a vacation but sadly, the only packing being done around here is in boxes. I must confess, I haven't actually packed a box yet but I must get started soon.

We've been living in Pearl River, Louisiana for just over a year now. We packed up our home in Fernandina Beach, Florida and relocated to St. Tammany Parish. The year passed by quickly. For the most part, we have loved our time in Louisiana, although, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the state. It is a different world here...a very different culture.

When we moved over a year ago, we believed that we were moving for Ryan to attend seminary at NOBTS. However, he did not. Several things transpired that kept him from being able to pursue his education further. But I believe with all my heart that God led us here anyway. I have grown so much in our time here. God has taught me valuable lessons that I'm not sure I would have heard very well anywhere else.  God brought Ryan, Abigail, and I closer together as a family. We experienced financial difficulties and learned to be better stewards of our money and "things" the Lord has blessed us with. I learned more about and grew in my role as wife and mother. The time spent thus far in the state of Louisiana has shaped me more into the person I want to be. I have a LONG way to go but I know I'm headed in the right least with my life.

Which brings me to the point of my post.

We were informed sometime after Christmas that our landlord was putting the house we are renting up for sale. We were told that we could live here until our lease was up on April 1, 2011 and on a month to month basis after that time, if the house hadn't sold. So for the last few months we've been praying, talking, speculating on what we should do when the time came. April 1st was quickly approaching and so far no perspective buyers on the house so we figured we would have plenty of time to make a decision.

On March 31, I noticed a lady walking in our driveway while I was exercising. I sent Ryan, who was about to leave for work, outside to find out what she wanted. She was with our landlord's wife and they were looking at the property. They wanted to come inside but since I was busy and the baby I keep was asleep, we said no, and asked that they make an appointment with the realtor. Their appointment was for the next morning at 9:00 AM on April 1st, the day our lease was up. The husband and realtor showed up but the wife was stuck in traffic. We literally stood outside for an hour between the husband looking at the house and waiting on the wife to get there and then both of them looking. From the amount of time the spent looking at the house and later talking outside with their realtor, I had a feeling they would at least make an offer. That was on Friday.

On Sunday April 03, the landlord knocked on our door and handed me a letter. He told me that on Saturday they had signed a contract to sell the house. On Wednesday, an inspector is coming and unless something comes up, we have to be moved out of the house by April 30 (my 28th birthday) or May 1. They have to turn over the keys to the new owners by May 3.

So, what are we going to do? Where are we going to go? I still don't have a clue. Remember earlier when I said we'd been praying, talking, and speculating? Well, now we're just waiting on God and waiting to see what happens. When we know, you'll know. Until then, keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment