Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Update: Moving

I've been itching to sit down and blog for the past couple of days but I haven't really had the time. I decided to go ahead and get a blog post in today before I call in a night. Be on the lookout for a post or two about our recent vacation and Easter but for now let's talk about...MOVING.

After all the weeks of the stress of not knowing what we were doing and where we were going, I had a good week off. I didn't think about packing or moving, or any of that stuff. But after arriving back in Louisiana on Sunday night, it has taken over my life. Well, at least for the next few days anyway.

My house is in a state of total disaster. I have been packing, organizing, sorting, etc. all of our JUNK! I shouldn't say junk because I am thankful for all that the Lord has blessed us with. But for someone who has moved a total of 5 times over the last 10 years, I still don't know how I have so much stuff. I guess adding a husband and a baby to the mix hasn't helped. :) Packing up your whole house makes the Amish lifestyle look so appealing.

I'm at that point where I feel like I've accomplished a lot but when I take a look around, it sure doesn't look like it. There is stuff everywhere. We had a couple of minor setbacks with moving today that added to my stress but everything worked out. I need to take my husbands advice more often, just breathe. Sometimes I forget something as simple as breathing when I'm under pressure. Deep breaths really do work to calm you down and relieve stress. Try it sometime.

Hopefully, Ryan will be able to move some of our stuff over and put it in place over the next couple of days. Our big moving day in Saturday. I would love to have everything done and be completely moved in and settled by Sunday afternoon. We'll see how it goes. Of course I'll post some pictures of the new place once everything is settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment