Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Waiting...

I wonder how much of our lives are actually spent waiting? We wait in line at the grocery store, bank, or drive-thru? We wait for a table at a restaurant or wait on people to show up for an appointment or an event? We wait on our spouses to get ready, we wait at the Dr's office, we wait for prescriptions to be filled when we're sick. Let's face it...we spend a LOT of time waiting. Some of us are better at waiting than other's. If I'm prepared for a wait, I bring a book or my NOOK, to occupy my time. If I forget, I usually annoy my brother with text messages while I wait. :) But how often do we get aggravated while waiting. Honestly, I'm not a very patient person, so if I have to wait longer than I think necessary, I tend to get agitated or upset. But what does the Bible have to say about waiting? Actually, quite a lot.

Hebrews 6:15 "And thus Abraham, having patiently waited, obtained the promise."

Psalm 40:1 "I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry."

Psalm 10:5-6 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning."

Isaiah 40:31 "but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!"

Psalm 37:34 "Wait for the Lord and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land; you will look on when the wicked are cut off."

As you can see, the Bible has a lot to say about waiting. I have to remind myself of this everyday. The current situation that we are in has tested my patience and my ability to wait to the limit. I feel like all I've done for the past month is wait. I constantly have to remind myself that God's timing is always the right timing. But it's hard to remember that when you're up against a deadline. So at least for a couple more days, I'll be WAITING! No matter the outcome, I will rejoice in the Lord because He is good and His love endures forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment