Saturday, June 4, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Chili

I know I said that I was reserving Wednesday's to post recipes but I figured I'd go ahead and post one today. Tomorrow for lunch we are having Buffalo Chicken Chili. This recipe is courtesy of a former boss of mine. I worked for Mrs. Lisa when BCF still had a daycare. It was a great job. Please check out her blog here. Or you can check out more of her recipes here.

After lunch today, I decided to go ahead and put the chili together so that it can sit in the fridge over night. Dishes like chili tend to be more flavorful the next day anyway. Plus, all I'll have to do after church tomorrow is warm it up. So here it is:

Buffalo Chicken Chili

3 Tbs EVOO
2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast, boiled and chopped
1 large onion, diced
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 can of light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 bottle of your favorite buffalo sauce ( I like Texas Pete Buffalo Wing sauce) - use 1/2 to 3/4 bottle depending on how hot you want it.
3 Tbs smoked paprika
1 Tbs cumin
Salt to taste
Blue Cheese crumbles to serve on top


Instructions and pictures below.


Chop all your veggies while your chicken is boiling...

 Saute veggies in EVOO until tender. About 5-7 minutes.

Chop the chicken while your veggies are cooking. Don't forget to stir the veggies a few times as well.

 Drain and rinse your beans.

Once the veggies are tender. Add all other ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer. I like to let mine cook for about an hour.


 Here's a glimpse at what the finished product looks like. Since I'm uploading this recipe before we eat it. I don't have a picture of it being served. I bought some blue cheese crumbles to add on top when we eat it.


Hope you all enjoy! Thanks again to Mrs. Lisa for the recipe! Let me know if you try it!

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jess

2 comments:

  1. this looks good! And I love your pictures! My kitchen is too messy most of the time to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you finally checked out the pioneer woman website! Haha! You done good girl!

    ReplyDelete