Thursday, June 23, 2011

When It Rains...

The weather and my mood today were twins. It's been dark and cloudy outside all day. While I can't say that I've been in a bad mood today, I've been in a blah mood.

It all started at 3:00 a.m. this morning...

I had gone to bed early last night since today was my day to run. Around 3:00 a.m. this morning I was awakened by the sound of Abigail's voice saying, "Mommy, I peed in my bed." This has been a reoccurring thing recently. She hasn't worn a diaper or pull-up to bed since April. Ryan has gotten up with her the last couple of times but he had a rough day yesterday and I knew he needed to sleep so I got up with her. Once I got back to bed, I couldn't go back to sleep. I was so frustrated. I needed to get up in a couple of hours to go run and I needed my sleep.

I finally got back to sleep but when my alarm went off, I was not ready to get up. After hitting the snooze a couple of times and then turning it off all together, I overslept. Imagine that! Once I woke up and realized what had happened, I quickly dressed and headed out for my run. While the weather was overcast it was still sort of humid. I'm not sure what my problem has been this week but day one and day two were both difficult. Today I even felt a bit nauseous. I finished and made it home just before the baby I sit for arrived. So guess what that meant....NO SHOWER! Yuck! I did change my clothes since my running clothes were soaked with sweat but I had to go all day feeling yucky.

Later in the day, I finally got around to washing the soiled sheets from last night and some miscellaneous items. Only to find out later that my dryer was kaput! It's been on the fritz for a while now but somehow we've managed to get it working all the other times. Nothing I tried this time worked. Thank God for good friends who let us use their dryer. For now, I guess I'm going to have to do it the old fashion way and hang the clothes up to dry or go to a laundromat.

All of this comes just the day after we found out that Ryan has to have surgery next week on Tuesday. I've already been stressing over him actually having to have surgery, hospital bills, being alone with no family to wait with me while he has surgery, making plans for Abigail on the day of, etc. so to say that today was frustrating is to say the least.

But I know this, God is faithful and He provides! Nothing catches Him by surprise and that He is in control! Without that knowledge and hope I would be an even bigger basket case than I am now.

In the midst of all this, I do have a bit of good news to share. It's nothing earth shattering and it may not even be that exciting to you but it is to me...I barely have any love handles anymore! Ha! But I'm serious. I love looking in the mirror and seeing the changes in my body and today I noticed that I've lost a good bit of fat around my hips and waist. So exciting for me! And I'm loving my legs right now. They aren't perfect but so much better than before!

That is all!

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment