Friday, September 23, 2011

Sit and Spin (Not the Toy From Your Childhood)

I did it...

I went to spin class today!

First of all, let me say that my butt is SORE! Holy guacamole! I even had the gel padded seat cover on my bike and it was still brutal on my bum!  I'll probably be sitting funny for a few days. :)

Overall, it was a great workout. The instructor was great as well. I arrived at class early since I was a newbie. I knew nothing about the bikes or what to expect in a spin class other than a good workout. She helped me adjust the bike to fit my needs and gave me some pointers. She also advised me not to go as high impact as the rest of the group since it was my first time and I needed to get used to the workout and the bike. She still wanted me to push myself though.

Have any of you out there taken a spin class before? I've got a few questions. Is there a trick to turning the knob for resistance? I turned the knob when she said to turn it but most of the time it didn't really feel any different. Maybe I was doing it wrong. I'll be sure to ask the instructor before the next class. Also, how long before the seat gets more comfortable? To me, that was the hardest part. My booty was so sore that it was hard to concentrate on pedaling.

My legs were super shaky when I finally got off the bike. She had us get off and then put our right leg over the bike seat to begin stretching. I seriously thought I was going to fall down! Ha!

I will definitely be back for the next class. Trying something new definitely gets me excited about working out.

On another note: I am over the 5,000 page views mark. Whoop! Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement and taking the time to read what I have written.

I also get to take the splint off my finger today! I'm totally looking forward to doing that later. However, I'm still not supposed to grip anything too much with my right hand for another couple of weeks so I'm still going to have to hold off a bit longer for strength training. But the gym is going to be a part of my daily routine from now on. No more excuses.

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment