Thursday, July 7, 2011

C25K: Week 8

Just in case you missed the title...I said WEEK 8!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one more week to go. WOOHOO!!!

I finally got back on schedule so day one started on Sunday morning. My mom and dad were still with us so mom and I were up bright and early. To be honest, 28 minutes didn't feel much different from running 25 minutes last week. I honestly didn't notice the extra time too much. However, I have one complaint...the music. Let me apologize to any of you who have used my suggestion for the podcasts. While the music that is on there isn't my "cup of tea" it was better than listening to that horrible droning of the techo music. However, about week five, I noticed that some of the music was just vulgar and tasteless. So if you've been listening to the same podcasts that I've been using and you were offended by the music like I was, I'm sorry. This week, it wasn't so much the first few songs as it was the song during my last five minutes. I guess I shouldn't say song but music. I happen to like the Rocky movies but I HATED running that last five minutes to the Rocky music. I assume it was put on there to be inspiring but to me it was just irritating. It was as if it was taunting me! I don't know...maybe I'm just weird but I'm glad week eight is over and I don't have to listen to that anymore! I just hope the music for the last week is tolerable! I am so looking forward to creating my own running playlist and adding the music that I like and that inspires me! :)

I completed day two on Tuesday morning. I'm not sure why but day two was a little harder than day one. I actually felt a little sick at the beginning of the run but it passed thank goodness. I still hold to my belief that running is just as mental as it is physical. There are times during my runs that I feel like my legs are about to fall off but I ignore it and push through or think about something else and the next thing I know, my run is almost done. It's such a great feeling knowing that you didn't give up when you could have. My old self would have quit a LONG time ago. I'm so happy not to be that person anymore!

Day three was harder this morning for a couple of reasons. One, I went to bed really late last night and I got up later this morning than I had been when my mom was here. Two, my mom wasn't here. I deal with homesickness a lot after my parent's leave so I was a little down and even though my mom can run faster and farther than me, I was sad not seeing her running up a head of me. Three, near the end of my run my left calf felt like it was trying to cramp up or something. I know I didn't drink enough water yesterday so I'm sure that was part of the reason! But I finished with a smile on my face! :)

It was so great having my parent's here. We had so much fun together. My mom was such an encouragement to me while she was here. Ryan tells me how good I look all the time but it was nice hearing it from someone else who hadn't seen me in a while. It made me feel good that she could notice all the hard work that I've put in. Normally when they are here we eat a lot of junk food and ice cream and we don't exercise but we cooked delicious, healthy meals and exercised every day. Now, that is what I call support! I LOVE my parent's!

I am looking forward to writing my LAST C25K post next week! Stay tuned!

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment