Monday, July 25, 2011

Where the Living is Easy...

What an exciting last few days!

It was a whirlwind of traveling, activities, and time well spent with family. And a bit of car trouble at the end!

There is so much to blog about! I know everyone is waiting on the post about the race and to see the pictures but you'll have to wait just a bit longer.

I'm just going to start from the beginning...

Abigail and I set out early Thursday morning for our drive to Graceville. After a quick stop at McDonald's for an Egg McMuffin and some apple slices, we hit the road.

I asked my dad later after we had arrived if there was an idiot convention somewhere that weekend. He looked at me a little funny and I said that there sure were a lot of them on the road so they must all be going somewhere! I STRONGLY DISLIKE ignorant and poor drivers. I really don't know how half the people out there ever got a driver's license! It's ridiculous! But Abigail and I made it safely! Thank you, Lord!

We had lunch at the Circle Grill with Mrs. Stephanie and then headed out to Walmart for some grocery shopping. When we were in the produce section, Abigail was getting really excited about all the fruit and vegetables mom and dad were buying. The lady next to us was amazed at how well she talked and how excited she was. So proud of my baby girl! We talk about "super foods" all the time so she likes to make sure she's eating a lot of them and constantly asks if something she's eating is a "super food." "Train up a child in the way he should go..."

Later that evening after some yummy tacos at my parent's house, my brother decided he would run with me. I didn't get up early enough to get my run in before we left and I wanted to be sure I didn't miss it. My brother hasn't run in over six years so he was a trooper for even going with me in the first place. We started off with a warm up walk and then eased into our almost two mile run. There were times when the run was a bit comical.

We hadn't been running long when he looked over me and said, "Dang! You ain't even sweatin!" I looked over at him and the sweat was POURING off his face. But to his defense, he's always been a sweater. I remember as kids riding the bus home in the afternoons from school, his whole head would be wet with sweat before we made it home. Later on I could tell his footfall was getting heavier. But he told me he didn't want to slow down. I felt bad. If it had been me running without any training, I would have been passed out on the side of the road along way back. :) He later told me that he wasn't in as good of shape as he thought he was and he wants to continue running. I think he really wished he could have run the 5K with us. I'm looking forward to my brother and his family coming into town this weekend for a week long stay. Hopefully he'll run with me while they are here.

The rest of the family was set to arrive sometime after lunch on Friday. So on Friday morning my mom's boss let us use his swimming pool. Hannah and Marlee came swimming with us. The girls had so much fun...the adults too. After a while of swimming and relaxing pool side we let the girls help Papa pick pears from Dr. Richard's pear tree. My dad has a dehydrator and has been dehydrating fruits and such. So they picked a bucket full for Papa to make some fruit snacks with.




Mom and Dad's house got crowded quickly once the rest of the family arrived. There were 14 of us there in all. We had a great time together as we always do. It's not a family gathering unless we are picking on each other and making each other laugh. There was A LOT of laughter this past weekend.

Friday was a special day for me for another reason but you'll have to read the next post to find out why!

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment