Saturday, July 16, 2011

Getting Closer...

My official weigh-in day isn't until Monday morning but since I didn't lose any weight last week, I was a little eager to see how I did this week even with the madness of VBS. So first thing this morning, I stepped on the scale and I'm down four pounds!!! I started not to share this since I'm a little scared the scale will show something different on Monday. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't unless it's a lower number! ;) If this number holds true then I will have lost 17 lbs since the middle of May and that makes me only 13 lbs away from my goal of 30 lbs down by September. I can't stop smiling about that! :)))))))

I sort of have this dilemma now. It's a good one though. My clothes don't fit. My jeans are baggy, my shorts are falling off, my shirts are bigger on me. Before I started losing weight, my large t-shirts were too tight and I really should have been wearing XL's. Now, they are very loose and I fit great into the one medium t-shirt that I saved. I felt like a slouch during VBS because no matter what I put on, I felt uncomfortable and sloppy because everything was too big. One night, I had to wear Ryan's belt to keep my shorts up. The last night of VBS, I walked around pulling my jeans up all night because they kept sliding down. That's a good thing, even a great thing but I think it's time to invest in a few articles of clothing that fit well for the size I am now. I hope to hit up some consignment stores in the near future for some clothing because well, I like consignment shopping plus I don't want to spend a ton of money on clothes I won't get to wear for long anyway! Whenever I do hit my 30 lbs down mark, I'll definitely have to buy some clothes because I won't have anything left to wear! :)

Today I spent some time looking on Craigslist for an exercise bike. I really want some sort of exercise equipment for our house. I love going to the gym and out for a run or walk but I really want something to use at home when I'm mindlessly watching TV. I think a recumbent bike would be great. My problem is that I want something that is quality but things in my price range are usually falling apart or really old. Maybe I'll luck up and find someone who wants to give one away! Unless I come across a great deal I'll probably have to put it on my Christmas list. (This is a hint Mom!) :) I can't believe Christmas is only five months away. Where did the time go?

I'm supposed to be cleaning and doing laundry right now. This rainy weather is making me lazy though! So I sit here typing out this post, The Breakfast Club playing on the TV. I love Emilio Estevez!

Oh well, the sun just came out. Maybe that's my cue to get up and get moving! I still have to go grocery shopping later so I've got a lot to do. Hope everyone is having a blessed weekend!

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment