Monday, July 18, 2011

Progress

Well, today I had planned to WOW you with these amazing before and after pictures from over the last nine weeks of doing The Couch to 5K program. I mean, I've lost 18 pounds over the last nine weeks! Oops! I forgot to inform you that I actually lost five pounds last week and not four like I posted on Saturday! Can I get a, "Woot Woot?!" :)

So, what I was trying to say was that there should be a noticeable difference in the picture I took during week one of the C25K and the one I took during the last week, right? I don't know. Maybe it's just me or my husband's picture taking skills but I don't see the difference I thought I would see in the pictures, 18 pounds difference and all.

I'll let you decide for yourself but here I am during week one:


Here I am again during week nine:



OK. Well, maybe there is a difference. I do want to mention that I am not wearing the same shorts in the pictures. They are the same kind but not the same size. When I started out I bought the XL shorts. Later I bought a large pair. The XL's are so big now that they are uncomfortable to run in. So in the second picture I'm wearing the large shorts. I also notice a difference in my leg muscles and in my face.

Yesterday was my first run on my own without the C25K lady in my ear. It felt great. I listened to my own music, ran a slightly different route, had a great pace, and ran for a few minutes longer. It was wonderfully cool outside from all the rain we've had. It has been raining non-stop here all morning and most of  yesterday and the day before that. I sure hope it stops before I have to get on the road this weekend. I HATE driving in the rain. On the other hand, the temperatures are supposed to be crazy high and only climbing higher and higher all week. This makes me a little nervous about the 5K on Saturday. I'm praying that it's not any hotter than it has been being.

A friend gave me some advice and I'm going to take it. I still plan on running on Tuesday and Thursday but I plan on doing some shorter, easier runs so as to not tire my legs out too much before the race on Saturday.

I can't wait to see all my family and meet my cyber friend Clara!

Peace, Love, and Healthy Living,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment