Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Healthy Living Update

I haven't done a post in a while about my healthier lifestyle so I decided to catch you up to speed today. If you are my friend on Facebook, you may already know most of this through my Facebook statuses.

Here is a brief recap:

At the end of last year, I was the biggest that I have ever been. I don't know my exact weight because I was too scared to get on the scale and see the number. (Even now, I am not comfortable sharing my weight with the world. Only a few friends and family know)

At the beginning of this year, I was completely disgusted with myself and decided to make some lifestyle changes. After years of "dieting" and trying the new fads, I knew what DIDN'T work. So this time, I decided to just eat healthier most of the time. I decided to buy fresh fruits and vegetables. I decided to eat less junk food. I also decided that I would not completely cut something out of my diet unless I decided that I absolutely didn't like it or want it anymore. So, if I wanted some french fries, I'd eat them. Or, if I wanted a cookie, I'd eat it. I already knew that depriving myself of something only made me want it more and eventually led to gorging myself on it later and falling completely off the proverbial wagon. So basically, if I ate well 90% of the time, I could afford to indulge a bit 10% of the time. And you know what, it's worked. I haven't been perfect and I'm sure I probably could have lost a bit more weight if we hadn't gone on vacation and we hadn't had to move but I'm okay with where I am and I don't feel guilty. Because, really, it's all about the decisions you make!

The last time I updated you all, I had lost about 5 pounds. Well, I am happy to announce that since March I have lost 10 pounds total! And that's even with the three somewhat bad weeks I had in April with the vacation and moving.

Here is where I am now:

I'm back to cooking and making meals at home instead of eating out! Thank goodness!

When I bought groceries last week, I purchased Jillian Michael's 14 Day Jump S Cleanse and Burn Kit. I successfully completed the first week of the cleanse and yesterday, I started the burn part. This week, I am taking one pro biotic pill in the morning that restores balance to my body after the cleanse and 2 fat burner pills in the morning and 2 more with my biggest meal of the day. Now, being someone who has tried lots of different types of diet pills, I know that pills aren't the way to go. Once you stop taking them, the weight comes back on, if you haven't changed your lifestyle. Well, this is just a jump start and I've already changed my lifestyle. So, I'm not worried. Next time I feel like I need a jump start, I might try something that doesn't include pills. But we'll see. I do have to say though, that I love all the energy that I have with the fat burner pills. I'm sure some of it comes from eating healthier and exercising too.

Last week, I also ordered a pair of running shoes with the birthday money I received from my grandparents. Of course, when they came in, they were too small. My feet grew when I was pregnant and never went back to their normal size! LOL! So, I'm never sure what size I am anymore. Luckily the store in town exchanged them even though the price in the store was more than the price online. And I had to get a different color but so far I love them. I successfully started the Couch to 5K running program this week. I did the first day on Sunday all the while pushing Abigail in a cheap umbrella stroller. Not smart but my husband was working and I didn't want to use that as an excuse. So, I pushed through and persevered and wait for it....I SURVIVED! I wasn't gasping for air and I didn't feel like I was going to die like the last time I tried it. Today, I wanted to get up early and run before Abigail woke up and before the baby I sit for arrived. But I didn't sleep well last night so I couldn't make myself get up. That's always been a problem. Please read...I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!!! I was really not looking forward to having to run with the stroller again today so my wonderful husband agreed to watch Abigail and the baby so I could go out by myself. It felt amazing outside and you know what, it was easier today! I felt great when I finished! I was exhilarated! I can't believe I am saying this but I can't wait to do day three on Thursday and finish up week one! Oh and my hubby is going to buy me a jogging stroller soon! Yay!

Yesterday was an off day for C25K but I didn't want to be inactive, so while both kids were napping, I turned on the Wii, got out the balance board, and put in the Wii Fit game. I was a little nervous. I knew it had been a while since I had been on and if you own one you know that the balance board will make fun of you. Or so it seems!:) It had been 40 days! I couldn't believe it but there was the truth staring me in the face. Cringing, I aimed at the Body Test icon and clicked the button. I stood steady as I could while it weighed me and measured my balance and guess what...I had lost 6 pounds since I had last been on there! Making a total of about 10 pounds since March! I stepped off the board, did a little happy dance, and then got back on and did about 30 minutes of aerobics and some balance games. Balance has never been my strong point! :)

I feel great! I feel happy! I feel energetic! I also feel encouraged! I came across a blog a few weeks ago written by a woman with whom I have a mutual friend. Plus, my mom knows her. I had already learned from my mom about what an incredible weight loss journey she had been on. I read a few posts when I first learned of the blog but last night as I was watching the Braves, I decided to google weight loss blogs. I read some snippets from a few but nothing was written as well as the posts I had read from the woman named Clara. So I searched through my friends Facebook page until I found the link and between last night and today, I read EVERY single post that she had written over the last year and a half. It was amazing, insightful, encouraging, emotional, inspiring, and the list could go on. If you are interested, take a look. She is amazing. Click here for her blog.

I learned a lot from Clara and plan on implementing some of her tips and ideas. This post is long enough for now so...

Check back often for updates and to find out about life as I know it!

~Jessica

1 comment:

  1. I soooo have to get back on the plan. 30 lbs to lose with no motivation! Maybe you will be a good motivator!

    ReplyDelete