Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day, Ryan had to work so Abigail and I were able to spend some quality time together! Not much different from most days. I absolutely LOVE being a SAHM. There is nothing better than doing what God has designed and called me to do. I don't always get it right. But I don't always get it wrong either! :) Motherhood is such a joy and a blessing. It also comes with it's trials and difficulties. I prefer to forget about the potty training days and the temper tantrums (hers not mine-ha!). But even when it's hard, it's wonderful and rewarding! I would do it again in a heartbeat! And I want to, but it just hasn't happened again for us. I rest in the fact that everything is in God's hands and His timing but sometimes I get down and discouraged. And some days I swing the total opposite direction and I'm sure that Abigail will be an only child. But then I pass the baby section at Target or hear about a friend who is pregnant and my heart swings the other way again. I try not to worry and stress over it. I know there are other women out there who yearn for a baby and don't even have one. So I choose to be thankful for the blessing that God gave to me over three years ago and if He so chooses to bless me with another, I'll be grateful then too!

So, what did I do on Mother's Day you ask? Well, first we went to church and then had lunch at the Times Grill. They have some of the yummiest hamburgers around! After lunch we headed home. Ryan had to leave for work and Abigail needed a nap. I took that opportunity to relax, read some, and watch a little TV, something other than PBS or Nickelodeon! After Abigail's nap, we walked down to the park near our house and Abigail played for about an hour. Afterwards, we came back home, got baths, heated up leftovers for supper, and I watched the Celebrity Apprentice. I love that show! :)

Overall, it was a great, relaxing Mother's Day. Oh, I almost forgot. I've been begging Ryan for a printer so he bought me a printer, some paper, and the new Harry Potter DVD for Mother's Day. And he and Abigail gave me the funniest card. On the front, it said, "Good mom's let their kids lick the beaters..." On the inside, it said, "Great mom's turn the beaters off first!" LOL!

Abigail and I on Mother's Day 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment