Monday, May 23, 2011

An Off Day

As soon as I woke up this morning, I realized that I had a headache. That should have been my first clue as to how my day would go.

 From the time I was pretty young, I've had headaches almost every day. Usually not major ones, although some of them can be. However, since I've been eating healthier and exercising, I haven't noticed them as much. But this morning was different. If you know me very well, you'll know that I HATE taking medicine and that my head has to be bothering me pretty bad to actually take Aleve or some other pain medication for it. Once I had breakfast, I immediately took two Aleve.

I had planned on starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD during Abigail's nap time today. It's a pretty intense workout, even on the beginner level. But as nap time approached, I just didn't feel any better. My headache was gone but I felt so tired. Which was strange because not only have my headaches subsided since beginning my healthier lifestyle but my energy has greatly increased. I used to go through the days sluggish and tired all the time. But now, I feel good during the day and have plenty of energy. As I was waiting on Abigail to fall asleep, I kept nodding off. So I decided to postpone the workout with Jillian and maybe walk later in the day.

But as the afternoon wore on and evening approached, I still didn't have anymore energy than I started with and I was once again falling asleep. So, no walk for me either. I feel OK about it though because I exercised every day last week and I do week two, day two of C25K tomorrow. I'm just hoping that I feel better tomorrow.

One of my goals is to get more sleep, which means going to bed earlier at night. I went to bed a little earlier last night but I plan to get there even sooner tonight.

On a side note: I'm not typically someone who likes smoothies. All of the ones that I have had in the past, had too many seeds and too much ice. But I've really been wanting to add smoothies to my diet. Last night, we bought one of those individual serving blenders from Walmart and I made us strawberry-banana-peanut butter smoothies. Instead of plain milk, I used almond milk which tastes amazing and is so good for you. Today for a snack, I made another smoothie. This time, the mango's I had bought over the weekend had ripened up enough so I made the same smoothie from last night but added mango to it...it was FANTASTIC! I can definitely see a smoothie addiction coming on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment