Sunday, May 8, 2011

I am Not a Runner (But I Hope to Be)

While I still have a few posts waiting on me to write them, I wanted to share with you my upcoming journey.

A year or so ago, I heard about a program called Couch-To-5K or C25K. It's a running program that is supposed to take you from a non-runner to running a 5K in 9 weeks. I AM NOT A RUNNER. I was doubtful, but several friends were doing it and it was working for them. So I decided to give it a try. I did the first day and thought I was going to die. I blamed the cold weather and gave up. Even in grade school, I hated being made to run in P.E. during the winter months. I hate that burn in my chest. I convinced myself I would take it up again when it warmed up some. We moved to Louisiana a month or so later and here we are.

Over a year has gone by and I haven't run the first time. I've had an on again, off again, relationship with exercise for a long time. In a recent post, I told you about making some different food choices and trying to be healthier. I have to say that I've done a fairly good job. However, vacation and moving, put a strain on my new lifestyle and often over the past two weeks convenience won over being healthy. I'm not proud of it, but instead of being defeated, I'm just going to pick myself up and keep going

. I finally made it to the grocery store on Saturday. I'm still not sure why I wait to go to Walmart until Saturday. It's practically a suicide mission. Anyway, I bought groceries, healthy options, of course and I also purchased Jillian Michaels JumpStart 14 Day Cleanse and Burn kit. I also ordered some running shoes online. I plan on starting the cleanse and burn kit tomorrow and as soon as my new shoes come in, I'm going to start the C25K program. I've already gotten my ipod charged and week one's podcast downloaded. I love that someone is going to be telling me when to walk and when to run.

So be on the look out for updates and so forth along the way.

Here is a picture of me today, Mother's Day. Hopefully, I'll be able to see a difference soon:

No comments:

Post a Comment