Monday, May 16, 2011

Life in Pictures: Vacation (Part 2)

We said goodbye to Ryan's family and left Fernandina on Friday (April 22) and made our way back to Graceville to spend Easter weekend with my family. I was beyond excited because since Abigail has been born, we have not spent an Easter together with my family. First on the agenda was some outdoor play with Marlee. I love this pic of Marlee. She wasn't happy with me because I kept telling her to stop and say cheese!


On Saturday, my mom and I went grocery shopping. The girls wanted to go so we told them if they stayed with Hannah, we'd bring them back a surprise.
Later, it was time for some fun in the sun and water. The water was still a bit too cold but the girls had fun running around in their bathing suits and being silly.


Before supper, we let the girls dye some Easter eggs. They had so much fun picking which colors they wanted to use and dropping the eggs into the cups. Abigail was a little too enthusiastic on the first one and ended up cracking her egg.



We had a really busy day. After supper we took the girls down to Heritage Village and took some pictures of them in the matching outfits Nana bought for them. Here are a few of my favorites.









The girls were troopers and did such a great job getting their pictures taken. I thought the results were great for a basic digital camera. One day, maybe, I'll finally get to own a DSLR and take my photography to another level. I'll keep taking pictures anyway.

After pictures, we went back to Nana and Papa's house and ate some cupcakes that I made, recipe courtesy of Paula Deen and the Food Network. I can't remember what they are called but in short, you mix one box of chocolate brownie mix according to the cake-like brownies. I used the dark chocolate brownie mix. Put cupcake papers in a cupcake pan. Fill papers up half way, then add a layer of peanut butter chips, finish filling up paper with more brownie mix. Bake according to directions on box. I added some cream cheese frosting to mine and they were delish!

After cupcakes, the girls got a bath and were ready for bed. We had to get to bed early because Easter was the next day! Blog coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment